OK, I know by now you’re probably tired of my elotes posts. That ok! This is the last one, for now. I had to save the best and my favorite for last. This elotes soup is creamy, sweet and savory, filling and warms you up fast!
Taken from the large batch Elotes for a Crowd! recipe, We made this Elotes Soup when we were literally out of ideas for leftover elotes and had just a little bit left! I’m so glad that we couldn’t think of anything else because I might just recreate this in non leftover form from scratch before this winter is over.
Alert!! This is a sinful recipe and only those that crave warm, velvety soups on a cold winter day should proceed. Or if you like bacon. Or corn.
We were on day three of our Elotes recipe exploration and my eyes were crossing at the idea of creating another corn dish. Finally, after hours of thinking it over, I thought…why don’t I just pulverize it? Make it not so healthy? Give into our inner cravings! OK GO!
I got out our stock pot and melted a shameful amount of butter and sauted minced garlic until the smell permeated the entire house. After that, I whisked in flour, cumin and chili powder to thicken up the butter mix.
After that cooked for a minute, I poured in water and whisked in Better Than Bouillon until dissolved. I added about a cup of frozen corn to this because I wanted to stretch it a bit more. Then I fried up our last few slices of bacon that I knew would be a perfect topping. Yes please.
Leftover Elotes Soup
- 6 Qt Stock Pot
- Non-Stick Skillet or Cast Iron
- Immersion Blender
- 2.5 cups Leftover Elotes reserve 1 cup
- 1 cup Frozen Corn
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 4 cup water, warm
- 4 tsp Better than Boullion, Chicken
- 1.5 cup heavy cream can sub: milk
- 3 slices Bacon, cooked and crumbled topping (optional)
- 1 tbsp crema topping (optional)
- Melt butter in soup or stock pot. Add garlic and saute for 1 minute
- Whisk in flour, cumin and chili powder until no lumps
- Pour warm water into the pot. Turn heat to med-high. Add in Better than Bouillon, whisk until dissolved. Bring to simmer.
- Add frozen corn. Bring to a boil, turn heat down to med-low and simmer for five minutes.
- Add 1.5 cups elotes and stir. Simmer for five more minutes.
- Stir in cream or milk and bring to a simmer.
- Use an immersion blender to cream to desire texture. Bring to a simmer
- Stir in remaining elotes and heat through. Serve hot and Enjoy!!
Elotes for a Crowd! – Large Batch Elotes
Carnitas and Elotes Stuffed Sweet Potato
Elotes Stuffed ArtichokeOur Trusty Immersion Blender!