Stuffed Pepper Sage Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
Try this pepper and sage rubbed pork tenderloin stuffed with granny smith apples, mushrooms and gorgonzola cheese for a rustic holiday twist
Servings: 12 people
- 4 lb Pork Tenderloin
- 1 tbsp McCormick® Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp McCormick® Ground Sage
- 1 tbsp McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 4 small granny smith apples, sliced thin
- 1/3 cup mini portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 5 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 2 oz apple juice in spray bottle optional
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cooling rack inside of a baking sheet.
Butterfly pork tenderloin. Liberally dust inside and out with ground pepper, salt and sage. Stuff apples, mushrooms and cheese in the loin.
Secure both halves of the tenderloin in 3" segments with kitchen twine. Spray outside with apple juice (optional). Place on cooling rack/baking sheet.
Bake for an hour or until tenderloin reaches 145°F (medium rare) to 160°F (medium). Spray with apple juice (optional) and rest for 10 minutes on cooling rack. The tenderloin should increase by about 10 degrees while resting.
Slice and serve with sides!