Marry Me Chicken
A less serious version of the original Marry Me Chicken, for those Instant Pot chefs who like to keep things open. Great for a family weeknight dinner
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Servings: 2 people
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Garlic Powder to taste
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Thyme, fresh
- 1 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp Better Than Bouillon, chicken (or sub 1 cup water+ BTB for 1 cup chicken broth...BTB is awesome though...)
- 1 cup Whole Milk (can sub for lower fat milk for even less calories but you'll sacrifice some creaminess)
- 1 tbsp flour
- .5 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (can sub fresh tomatoes for less calories here)
- .5 cup grated mozzarella
- Fresh Basil for garnish
Turn Instant Pot to Saute - Hot; Spray twice with Pam; Add chicken breasts; Sear for 2 minutes on each side; Remove; Spray with Pam; Saute Garlic for 30 seconds
Add Water, Better than Bouillon, garlic powder, salt, pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, crushed red pepper flakes, basil, thyme, and stir until simmer. Add Chicken back to broth mix
Cover the Instant Pot and secure. Set valve to seal. Set cooker to Manual/Pressure Cook - 9 minutes. When timer is up, set to Natural Pressure Release - 10 minutes. Remove Chicken. Set to saute.
Warm milk in Pyrex in microwave for 30-45 seconds to not shock the broth. Whisk in flour. Pour in broth and stir. Bring to simmer. Add grated mozzarella, stir until melted. Simmer until desired thickness. Add chicken back to sauce.
Serve by itself or we love it over spaghetti squash noodles!
- If you use skim milk instead, the dish is only 323 calories and still tasty!